Swimming Pool Blog
March 2009 (7)
- Swimming Pool Landscaping - Above Ground or In Ground
Installing your own plants, shrubs and trees around the pool is no small task, but it can be fun! Providing shade and cooler breezes is the calling card of swimming pool landscaping. Your pool can be more attractive, more enjoyable and even safer, by limiting pool access to areas that are highly visible. Your local nursery can provide you with expert advice on the types of plants and trees that grow especially well in your climactic region. We hope you consult them, and enjoy your pool even more this year!
Saturday, March 28, 2009 12:20 PM
- Pool Safety and the Pool Owner
As a father of an active toddler, swimming pool safety is always on my mind these days. The Consumer Product Safety Commission (www.cpsc.gov ) did a study on drowning in the USA .The results revealed that 75% of submersion victims were 1-3 years old, 65% of whom were boys.
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 5:58 PM
- Top 5 Pool Filter Problems
Just when you have your pump all straightened out, along come some real nasty pool filter problems. No matter what type of pool filter you have -Sand, Diatomaceous Earth (D.E.) or Cartridge, you will need to do some sort of maintenance or repair to keep your pool filter operating in top condition.
Monday, March 23, 2009 3:10 PM
- Above Ground Pool Safety
We spend a lot of time talking about pool safety around here at POOLCENTER.com ~ and this article deals with safety measures for small and large above ground pools. Pools that may be only 24" deep - could this be dangerous? More and more localities and states think so. New legislation, most recently passed in New York state, requires that any body of water with a depth of 24" or more to have a pool alarm.
Thursday, March 19, 2009 6:14 PM
- Top 5 Pool Pump ProblemsThe pump is one of the most important parts of your pool's plumbing system. It is responsible for creating pressure in your pool, which forces the water to flow through the filter. Think of it as the heart of your swimming pool and without a filter pump your pool will rapidly be nothing but a pond of scum.
Monday, March 16, 2009 11:17 AM
- Swimming Pool Safety ChecklistSpring 2009 is here! Birds are chirping, flowers are blooming, and those of you in warmer climates are starting to think about that swimming pool! Before you take that first swim, give your pool an overall safety assessment. Do it Now, before the accident happens!
Friday, March 13, 2009 11:13 AM
- What NOT to do with Ice on the Pool Cover!
If you have a mesh cover, solid cover or any other cover, and if the water on top has frozen, the only thing to do is wait until a thaw. If you try to remove ice from your cover, you will damage the pool cover. Just a small sliver of ice can damage your pool cover - ruining it or causing an expensive repair job. So, if there is ice on the cover, just wait it out, Let it thaw, and then pump off the water.
Friday, March 06, 2009 9:17 AM