Swimming Pool Blog
November 2009 (8)
- Swimming Pool ReplasteringSo, when do you need to re-plaster? Many folks re-plaster the pool during renovation, about every 20 years or so. Some do it more often to keep a nicer finish, or to change colors. Don't let your pool guy tell you that you must replaster or your pool will fail. Bare spots and cracks are a concern and should be fixed. But the usual decision force is from an aesthetic viewpoint. Plaster just starts to look bad after a while.
Friday, November 27, 2009 9:44 AM
- Gas Pool Heaters & Potential Dangers
Gas fired swimming pool heaters allow the homeowner to enjoy their pool and spa at their desired water temperature without the limitations of solar or electric pool heaters. With advancements in technology a gas heater can be activated as easily as a push of a button on wireless remote. A heated pool can run longer into those colder months, for those who experience freeze, allowing you to enjoy your pool more months out of the year. But there is a dark side....
Wednesday, November 25, 2009 11:26 AM
- CPSC hearing on Unblockable Pool Drain DefinitionThe hearing was held to discuss the rewording of the term “unblockable drains” as defined by the CPSC. I feel I made a point that a lot of other people in the industry overlooked. That was that most Certified Pool Operators (CPOs) or hotel owners do not have the correct training or knowledge to understand the wording of the law or implement the products to comply.
Sunday, November 22, 2009 8:29 PM
- December Deals
Excuse the solicitation, but we wanted to make sure that our regular blog readers are aware of our Holiday Deals for 2009. Although not our biggest season of the year, the Holiday lift in "gifty" items is welcome every year. This year, to get ready, we identified biggest sellers of years past, and made sure we have in stock, all the best of pool items that are great to give and receive.
Saturday, November 21, 2009 1:57 PM
- The Dangers of Underwater Pool Lighting
With endless possibilities and technological advances in pool lighting, more and more pools are being equipped with numerous lighting techniques. Not only does backyard and pool lighting add to the beauty of your backyard, it also helps create a safe environment.
Monday, November 16, 2009 3:52 PM
- Your Pool, the Cold, and How to Protect it
Ice and plumbing don’t mix. Most plumbing on pools now a days is made of PVC plastic and is subject to cracking as the water expands as it turns to ice. This can cause major damage in the lines for the returns and suction side of your system. Most inground pool plumbing is under ground and the depth it is buried depends on the frost line in your area (see chart below) .
Tuesday, November 10, 2009 5:24 PM
- Ozone & UV pool and spa water treatment
The goal of every pool owner is to have the cleanest water available free of all contaminants. With modern technology we can virtually turn your swimming pool water into potable drinking water. With technology used by water treatment plants and the bottle water industry we can save money on chemicals, have optimal pool water, and help our planet by limiting chemical use and reducing our carbon footprint.
Saturday, November 07, 2009 10:05 AM
- Swimming Pool Owner Demographics
Swimming Pool Owner Demographics ~ after trolling through site search terms, I was amazed at the number of searches conducted using keywords like "Pool Owner Demo" and "Demographics of Pool Owners". Now, these searches may have been conducted by our affiliates or industry folks, but nonetheless, there seems to be a demand for this type of information.
Monday, November 02, 2009 9:39 AM