Swimming Pool Blog
- Loop-Loc mesh pool cover repairs and replacement
Loop-Loc is the leader in the swimming pool safety cover industry. Backed by a 12 year warranty and fabricated with impeccable craftsmanship, Loop-Loc covers have become common in the backyard. The quality of Loop-Loc safety covers are undisputable - but like all covers, are not indestructible and are known to get a hole from a fallen tree limb or a hungry rodent trying to borough its way through the cover.
Sunday, August 30, 2009 11:16 PM
- Swimming Pool Rebate Programs and Discounts from Utilities
Let’s face it , pools are a luxury item and have big costs associated with them. Everyone wants to lower their costs when it comes to operation of their pools.I think everyone is with me saving money and lowering cost , but what about getting money back? Is it possible to get money back? Yes .
Saturday, August 22, 2009 1:27 PM
- Swimming Pool LifeSaving ~ 10/20 Protection Rule
Some people think lifeguards have it easy. Nice tan, sit around the pool all day, hang out with your friends. That is what it may seem like, but far from reality. Life saving is not only a hard and tedious job, but is also requires full, undivided attention. Continuous surveillance of a pool full of splashing, yelling children, adults on pool floats and rowdy, loud and diving teenagers. All at once.
Saturday, August 22, 2009 11:23 AM
- Saving $$$ at the [Pool] Pump
Pumps can cost anywhere from $60 and up each month in electricity costs depending on how much you run your pump and the size of your pool (and how much you are being charged per KWH). Many pool builders in the 80’s and 90’s though bigger is better and would oversize pool pumps costing the home owners more money to run them.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009 3:41 PM
- Zero Footprint Pools ~ is it possible?
The topic of a "Zero Footprint" Pool came up here at Poolcenter, and raised a few eyebrows. "Not possible", said one, "because of the manufacturing of all the products that go in to building a pool" "True", I said, "But, operationally speaking - could a pool owner operate their pool with zero carbon footprints?" More raised eyebrows.
Tuesday, August 18, 2009 1:01 PM
- Pool Fence and Pool Gate Care And Repair
The most important piece of pool safety equipment is a pool fence. A broken, bent or non functioning fence or gate can spell disaster. A pool fence is the one barrier that will protect you from a lawsuit, so make sure that your pool fence is self closing, functional and secure.
Monday, August 17, 2009 2:36 PM
- Pool Filter Care & Cleaning
The three most common filters used in the swimming pool industry are sand filters, D.E. filters, and cartridge filters. All of these filters require a certain amount of maintenance and sometimes require replacement of certain parts. To get the most efficiency from your pool filter, follow a few simple guidelines for care and cleaning.
Thursday, August 13, 2009 1:31 PM
- Virginia Graeme Baker Rant
Many states agree with the law but have neglected to pass state laws to enforce it . According to Kathleen Reily of the CPSC, this is "red tape" and will take some time to enact and set aside funding for enforcement. Even though this is a Federal law that will make pools safer, I have heard of county health inspectors looking the other way when it comes to the law.
Wednesday, August 12, 2009 2:11 PM
- Pool Filter Backwash Valves ~ Multiport Valve Care and Repair
Multiport valves are used to direct the flow of water received by your pool pump. Multiport valves are upgraded versions of rotary valves and are also referred to as multi-position valve, vari-flow valve, and filter-control valves. A multiport valve has several positions that allow the pool operator to perform several different operations. Here's a description of them.
Saturday, August 01, 2009 10:08 AM
- Pool Cleaners ~ Choose Carefully!With so many cleaners in the pool industry how do you determine what cleaner is going to suit you best? Deciding which cleaner is going to work in your particular pool can be difficult. With a variety of makes and models it can be a little overwhelming when looking at purchasing a pool cleaner. I recommend doing the proper research and comparing pricing, warranty, and features. Read all possible reviews and come to an educated decision as your cleaner can save you the headache of manually cleaning your pool but can also become a migraine in itself.
Thursday, July 30, 2009 8:48 AM
- Fiberglass Pools ~ Care and Conversion
Like plaster or vinyl pools, fiberglass pool surfaces can be affected by aggressive water conditions. Too much Chlorine or low pH over time can fade the fiberglass gelcoat on your pool. However, fiberglass pool surfaces typically do not erode like plaster, or develop holes like vinyl liners. A fiberglass pool, properly cared for, can last a lifetime. Here's some tips on keeping it clean and bright. We also discuss the steps taken in converting a vinyl or plaster pool to a fiberglass shell.
Wednesday, July 29, 2009 8:41 AM