Swimming Pool Blog
- Swimming Pool Safety Fences
There are many pool fences available with all kinds of styles to meet any home décor. They even have colored and removable fences. You can even buy them for above ground pools (required in many areas). A self-closing, self-latching pool gate is required by many locales, and is an option with many pool safety fence manufacturers.
Friday, June 19, 2009 1:26 PM
- It's Pool Party Time! But let's be safe ~
Well by now your pool should be up and clean and all your family and friends are calling for you to have them over for pool parties and barbeques, its time to party!!! Lets stop right there!!! Before we get into the fun times of pool parties did you know most child drownings happen when there are more than 4 adults in the back yard?
Monday, June 15, 2009 7:09 AM
- Your Swimming Pool Carbon Footprint
Swimming pools have a reputation for being water, electricity and in some cases, fossil fuel hogs. And that might not be far from the truth. In homes with backyard pools, more electricity is used to power the pool pump than anything else except A/C or heating system. In fact, the average California residential pool uses enough electricity during the summer to power an average home for three months.
Wednesday, June 10, 2009 1:50 PM
- Major Swimming Pool Leak Repair
Your pool water can easily become an escape artist eluding you at every turn. Fixing a leak on your pool is next to impossible when you cannot determine where you are losing water. Depending on the size of your leak you can attempt to use fix-a-leak, designed to fill voids up to 1/8 of an inch. If you are dealing with a larger leak you will have to locate and repair.
Friday, June 05, 2009 4:26 PM
- Pool Slide Safety: Swimming Pool Slide Rules
Pool slides are fun for all ages, but there are risks involved with using them. There have been countless injuries from misuse, ranging from scrapes and bruises to deaths. It is very important to follow these helpful safety tips when you are using a pool slide. Swimming pool slide rules are here. Print this list of Swimming Pool Slide Rules and make all slide users learn the list!
Tuesday, June 02, 2009 8:55 PM
- Leaking Pool ~ How to find a pool leak
It's not uncommon for pool owners to notice that water seems to be leaking out of their pool after opening it for the year. But where is the leak coming from? Let's take a look and see how to find and repair swimming pool leaks.
Sunday, May 31, 2009 2:10 PM
- Backyard Pool Main Drain safety
Swimming pool main drain safety has been a big issue of discussion these days. Entrapment injuries and more common that you might think. It happens more than you think. So much in fact, in 2008 the Federal Government enacted the Virginia Graeme Baker Pool and Spa Safety Act.
Thursday, May 28, 2009 9:53 AM
- Pool Leak Detection ~ Find and Fix your leaking swimming pool!A leak in your swimming pool can be difficult to find, especially if it not visible. Here are some hints to help locate a leak on your pool plumbing, your pool surfaces or your pool equipment. To help detect a leak you really need to use your detective skills. The water leaving your pool can be making its exit out of numerous connections and/or openings. There could be more than one leak.
Saturday, May 23, 2009 11:01 AM
- Environmentally Friendly Pool Sanitation Options
Swimming pools have come a long way over the years when it comes to sanitation. Back in Roman times, pools were heated, but they had to have the water changed a lot to keep them clean and clear. This was common practice until chlorine came along about 100 years ago, to kill bacteria and algae keeping them sanitized for use. Over the years people are leaning away from chlorine trying to have a more environmentally friendly pool.
Wednesday, May 20, 2009 1:21 PM
- Springtime Swimming Pool Start Up Tips
Springtime, and it’s time to start up the swimming pool. If you invested in a good mesh safety cover, then it will be that much easier. Just brush off any debris with your tele pole and pool brush, disconnect the springs from the anchors and accordion fold the cover and store it. Screw the anchors down first before folding. You can clean the mesh cover as you fold it, with an air blower or a garden hose.
Monday, May 18, 2009 9:05 AM
- Minor Heater Repairs and Major HeadachesMany pool-owners hold their breath as they start up the pool heater for the first time, crossing their fingers awaiting the “whoosh” sound of the gas valve opening and the burner tray catching flame. Pool heaters can certainly be the most temperamental piece of pool equipment, and many minor pool heater repairs can become major pool heater headaches!
Thursday, May 14, 2009 10:43 AM