Swimming Pool Blog
- Pool Cleaners
- Polaris 280 Pool Cleaner Tune-Up or Rebuild
Polaris pool cleaners, the 280 and the 380 are marvelous inventions. Powered by their own booster pump and timeclock, they are the most independent and thorough cleaning pool cleaners available. They do have a downside - there are quite a few moving parts and bits that wear down or wear out. But! With a little bit of annual maintenance, and occasional adjustments, your Polaris pool cleaner can always run like new!
Tuesday, June 11, 2013 2:22 PM
- How to select an automatic pool cleaner
Pool cleaners can make the life of a pool owner much easier. If your pool was built with a pool cleaner in mind, selection of a new or replacement pool cleaner is much simpler. But what if you never had a pool cleaner? How does one wade through the seemingly hundreds of options, to find the pool cleaner that will do the best job for your pool type, shape and size?
Monday, April 09, 2012 8:24 AM
- Pool Cleaner Tune-Up - Robotic Pool Cleaner repair
Robotic pool cleaners aren't really ROBOTS - but they are computer controlled and more importantly - independent of the pool pump and filter system. This independence allows robotic cleaners to operate at peak efficiency, even when the pump or filter is dirty or off. Usually reliable, robot pool cleaners will from time to time refuse to move, or turn on, or clean the entire pool upon demand. Here's some tips on what to check when your robotic pool cleaner takes a day off.
Monday, November 22, 2010 8:30 PM
- Pool Cleaner Tune-Up - Kreepy Type Pool Cleaner repair
Common suction side cleaners include Pentair Kreepy Krauly (pictured), Zodiac Baracuda, Hayward Navigator and Pool Vac, Polaris 340 or ATV pool cleaners and GLI Dirt Devil pool cleaners. Tuning up a suction side pool cleaner is a fairly easy affair. Here's our tips on what to look for.
Thursday, November 18, 2010 3:43 PM
- Pool Cleaner Tune-Up - Polaris Type Pool Cleaner repair
Pressure type pool cleaners are those that operate from water being pushed to the cleaner, usually from a booster pump. Mostly used on in ground pools, pressure pool cleaners include Polaris 180 / 280 / 380 / 480 and Letro JetVac, Legend and Platinum Cleaners. Hayward Turbo, Viio and Phantom cleaners are also pressure cleaners that operate with a 3/4 hp booster pump to power the hydraulic power train.
Tuesday, November 16, 2010 1:34 PM
- Top 5 Pool Cleaner Problems
So you own a cleaner and you are having problems. Some of the most frequent issues can easily be attended to by the homeowner. My cleaner gets stuck in the corner, the cleaner is tangled, and the cleaner will not move, are all very common issues regardless of what cleaner you own.
Thursday, April 15, 2010 4:15 PM
- Pool Cleaners ~ Choose Carefully!With so many cleaners in the pool industry how do you determine what cleaner is going to suit you best? Deciding which cleaner is going to work in your particular pool can be difficult. With a variety of makes and models it can be a little overwhelming when looking at purchasing a pool cleaner. I recommend doing the proper research and comparing pricing, warranty, and features. Read all possible reviews and come to an educated decision as your cleaner can save you the headache of manually cleaning your pool but can also become a migraine in itself.
Thursday, July 30, 2009 8:48 AM