Swimming Pool Blog
- Fences & Barriers
- Pool Fence & Gate Maintenance
For most of us, the selection and installation of a pool fence was done long ago, and we normally don't give the fence a second thought. Let's take a moment to give our pool fences and gates an inspection. Here's a list of things to look for and repair for your most important Layer of Protection.
Saturday, December 18, 2010 5:39 PM
- Barriers to Entry
Barrier to Entry is the technical term for a good, solid pool fence. There is a difference between a fence and a barrier, however. Fences come in all types of shapes and conditions, but a Barrier, that is meant to keep out non swimmers. Fences may or may not be climbable, a Barrier is not. A fence may have a loose, rickety gate held in place with a bungee cord, but a Barrier - does not.
Tuesday, February 16, 2010 8:40 AM
- Swimming Pool FencingAdding that extra layer of protection use to mean calling in a professional to install fencing. Removable fencing nowadays is simplistic and can be installed by the average homeowner using a rotary hammer drill. The first step in setting up your pool fencing is to decide what size panels will be needed to comply with regulation and deciding what manufacturer to go with.
Wednesday, October 21, 2009 1:22 PM
- The Safety and Security of your Backyard Swimming Pool
Swimming pools are becoming more common in the backyard of homeowners. When acquiring a pool you are also acquiring an additional responsibility as well as a liability. Drowning accidents are typically silent so preventing the accident, as opposed to responding to the accident, is key. Safety barriers can be used to limit accessibility and add extra security to your pool.
Wednesday, September 30, 2009 8:40 AM
- Pool Fence and Pool Gate Care And Repair
The most important piece of pool safety equipment is a pool fence. A broken, bent or non functioning fence or gate can spell disaster. A pool fence is the one barrier that will protect you from a lawsuit, so make sure that your pool fence is self closing, functional and secure.
Monday, August 17, 2009 2:36 PM
- Swimming Pool Safety Fences
There are many pool fences available with all kinds of styles to meet any home décor. They even have colored and removable fences. You can even buy them for above ground pools (required in many areas). A self-closing, self-latching pool gate is required by many locales, and is an option with many pool safety fence manufacturers.
Friday, June 19, 2009 1:26 PM